As a member of the Demodesk Engineering team, you will be a full-stack product engineer - taking daily decisions about our features, architecture, improving our stability and reliability. Our ways of working support diverse experience and professional growth while having a good impact on our companies success and helping our customers.
Current tech stack
Frontend: Vue.js, Webpack, SCSS, Pug
Backend: Ruby on Rails, Postgresql, Redis
Microservices: Ruby, NodeJS, GoLang
Infrastructure: GCP, AWS, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform
Monitoring: ELK, Loki, Grafana
Fully automated CI/CD pipelines for code quality, testing, and deploying
- Implement a performant and beautiful product: You are responsible for the implementation of our product - frontend and backend. In collaboration with the designers you will build great products while using an efficient design library.
- Develop within all parts of the stack: Your job will focus more on the frontend with backend work to support that. The split will be about 60/40 frontend to backend work. But it can be different considering your own drive and team’s needs
- You are independent and consider others: You document well and see the importance of testing. Due to your previous experience, you are able to break down tasks and execute them in an efficient way.
- You help anyone in the team succeed: You make effective and successful work possible by clear and honest communication in order to develop a shared understanding of the long-term vision and immediate next actions. When you don’t fully understand something, you ask lots of questions and use the opportunity to learn and grow.
- You take full ownership: When there is something to improve and the team has decided, you do take the lead and drive the project till the successful completion.
- Constant learning: You are excited by technical challenges and are always on the lookout for new technologies. With your curiosity, you are always searching for the best technology for each use case and pick up new languages and frameworks fast. You are open to experiment with new ways of working as much as the excitement of new technology.
- ~2 years of professional experience in Web Development
- Experience in working with at least one backend framework (ideally in Ruby; Python and NodeJS frameworks are also acceptable)
- Experience in developing performant user interfaces – ideally in vue.js, but if you are an experienced react.js developer, we trust that you will pick up vue.js fast
- Good fundamentals in a dynamic language like Ruby or Python
- Experience working on commercial software products
- Experience working on a product with a high number of users
- A desire for high code quality and system security through automation, unit testing, and structured code reviews
- Willingness to work with dynamic team structure, where there is no permanent team leads
- You live and work in a European time zone and you are good to travel once per quarter for a week, most of the time to Munich - our main office.
- Well-funded and backed by Silicon Valley's top investors & angels, including Y Combinator
- A fast-growing, diverse and international team of tech enthusiasts and entrepreneurs
- Unique proprietary screen sharing technology using a state of the art tech stack
- Full responsibility from day one and being part of our hierarchy-free and results-driven working environment
- Competitive salary plus attractive stock compensation package
- Flexible working hours
- Attractive perks including gym memberships, German language course, top of the line MacBook or Linux machine, and a professional development budget of €1500 per year
- Regular team events like dinners, Oktoberfest, ski trips and much more
Demodesk is building the world's first intelligent customer meeting platform for remote sales with the vision to enable everyone to have great customer conversations. We give revenue teams superpowers by enabling them to host more effective and engaging meetings. Demodesk provides teams with real-time conversational guidance that is invisible to the customer and has significantly more data to analyze than existing tools!
We have been creating a new category for real-time sales enablement since 2017 and strive to be a global leader. As a growing start-up, we all share a passion to make an impact and grow, not only as a company but also as individuals. To us, innovation is a default mind-set – to challenge norms and create change for the better. We ensure that Demodesk is not only a diverse and inclusive community but also a place where we can learn and build off of each other's experiences. To drive this community, we work to minimize bias in our hiring and decision-making processes.
Help us redefine the online meeting space! Be ready to play an essential role in achieving this goal by joining our international team. We want to give our people the freedom to choose the life they want and with that the location where they feel the happiest.