Courier · San Francisco or Remote
19 days ago
At Courier, we are on a mission to make software-to-human communication delightful.
To do this, we want to do for notification infrastructure what Stripe has done for payments infrastructure by making building and sending notifications fast, easy, and delightful. We’ve created the complete user communication stack for developer teams: our API takes the tedium out of integrating various notification channels, while our Studio lets anyone design a message template and deliver the right message to the right user at the right time with a single API call. Email, Push, Slack, SMS, you name it.
We’ve raised $12.5 million from Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Twilio, SendGrid, Slack, and Y Combinator. We're fanatical about delivering an amazing experience to software developers of companies big and small, and our goal is to build a platform that developers don’t just use but one that they love. If you want to push the frontier in developer tooling, we want to work with you.
We’re looking to add a founding Senior Data Scientist, reporting into the Head of Data, to develop actionable insights that drive Courier's product strategy. You will be collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders to drive key decisions and initiatives. The ideal candidate will be data-driven, intellectually curious, and a clear communicator.
• Zoom Out: Don't just stay in your lane. Take the blinders off and look at the entire business.
• Keep It Real: Be honest about what is going well and what isn't. Celebrate wins and have hard conversations.
• Talk To Customers: Working with developers isn't a job role here - it is something we all need to do. Hop on a Zoom, reach out in Slack, and build a relationship.
• Have An Opinion: Each team member is an expert on what success will look like for Courier. Nobody else has the answers.
• JFDI: There will always be more work to do than people to do it. If you see something that needs to get done, just f*cking do it. Don't wait for someone else.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Courier, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in how software communicates with humans. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you. Please don’t hesitate to ask if we can accommodate you in any way, both during the interview process and after.
• Top of market salary
• Generous equity plan
• Top of the line health insurance plan (medical, dental & vision) covered 100% for both you and your dependents
• 401k through Vestwell
• Flexible health spending account including $500 employer contribution
• Unlimited paid time off (1 week per quarter required)
• $100 monthly wellness stipend
• 12 covered therapy sessions per year through Samata Health
• A brand new workstation and credit card to cover any other necessary expenses
• Free lunch in the office, DashPass covered, and $25 DoorDash credit on Fridays
• $2000 annual personal development budget
• $100 monthly commuter benefit contribution
• Other perks and discounts through Sequoia
Security & Compliance
Courier takes protecting our customers' data – and of their notification recipients – seriously. Every Courier employee goes through security training and a background check as part of onboarding. Each employee is expected to follow Courier's security and compliance processes and uphold industry best practices.